Weekend Hire = 1 day's charge only!
- 9 branches throughout Cape Town
- Quality equipment at affordable prices
- We deliver & collect at a nominal fee
• The pointed edge is most often used to break up rocky surfaces or other hard surfaces such as concrete or hardened dried earth. The large momentum of a heavy pickaxe, combined with the small contact area, makes it very effective for this purpose. The chiseled end, if present, is used for purposes including cutting through roots
• A pickaxe or pick is a hand tool with a hard head attached perpendicular to the handle.
• The head is usually made of metal, and the handle is most commonly wood, metal or fiberglass. The head is a spike ending in a sharp point, may curve slightly, and often has a counter-weight to improve ease of use. The stronger the spike, the more effectively the tool can pierce the surface. Rocking the embedded spike about and removing it can then break up the surface.
• Length of handle: 900mm
• Unit Weight: 3kgs
Add on hires:
Safety equipment suggested:
• Safety gloves
• Safety goggles